We Can’t Wait To Have You On Our Team!
The Visual Arts Director is the story-teller and strategist for visually communicating the mission and vision of Northside Church and will be responsible to effectively interact with staff and conceptualize design solutions on behalf of and for all Northside Church ministries for video production/editing, animation, photography, Website design/management, and print media. This position reports directly to the Worship Pastor.
1. Born-again Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, and is in agreement/compatible with Northside Church’s doctrine.
2. Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in Creative Design, Graphic Design, Art, Animation, Advertising, Communications, Web Design, or Videography.
3. Initiate the integration of corporate vision and style into communications for all ministries.
4. Manage multiple projects within the realms of branding, print, web and social media and networking.
5. Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud with emphasis on Photoshop, Premier, Lightroom, After Effects, and website design software.
6. Proficiency in photography and videography.
7. Prepare sermon graphics, announcements, videos, and other media for at all three Sunday morning services and for student ministries conducted at various other times throughout the week.
8. Excellent written communication skills with a mastery of English grammar and composition (consistent tone, punctuation, on message, etc.).
9. Minimum of three years in the creative arts field with a solid knowledge of the issues surrounding internal and external communications.
10. Possess excellent communication skills while interacting with different positions within the Worship Ministry and Pastoral Staff.
11. Possess excellent organizational and analytical skills for the purposes of short and long term planning.
12. Willing to have a visible, upright presence within the Northside community and outside in the greater Wilmington area as well.
13. Must be available for and participate in all weekend services, special times of worship and large church-wide events.
14. Work independently through all phases of the end-to-end production process, from acquiring imagery to product classification and delivery.
15. Work independently under tight deadlines while quickly responding to changing customer requirements will be required
16. Conceptualize, write, edit, and produce scripts as needed.
17. Oversee the maintenance and extension of the Northside digital platform, including Websites, blogs, and live video content. Make platform selection and solution implementation decisions.
18. Create templates, designs, and guidelines to allow staff to work within the established guidelines.
19. Artistically and creatively drive the image of the church internally and externally.
20. Establish volunteer-based team. Use volunteers as a team to develop and incubate ideas.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to Gary Lauffer at firstname.lastname@example.org